CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday

We really didn't do much today. Since Michelle took us grocery shopping last night, we were set for the basics. Steve got the wireless network set up and encrypted, but still needs to get the printer connected to the print server. He also discovered that he had forgotten to redo his password for work and it expired, so he had to call the support desk in Omaha. They reset the same password for another 45 days. It would be really nice if we would be coming home by then. Steve even spent 3 or 4 hours going through work emails and doing some research needed for updating some work information.

I guess that I should mention that we found out that the extra traffic control yesterday, wasn't for us after all. The President of Ukraine was in town, so I guess that it was for him.

Gail cooked supper tonight and we invited our adoption facilitator, Oles, to join us. He seemed to enjoy the company as did we. After supper, we all went to Michelle and Lisa's apartment and watched the Chronicles of Narnia movie. They have a guest who is working with Lisa for 6 weeks to learn more about infant massage therapy. We also met their new roommate.

It is now 2:24 am here, so I suppose we should get some sleep. We are meeting Lisa at 9:50 am for church. Oles will meet with one of the administrators at the orphanage, tomorrow, to make arrangements for our visit there on Monday, and to get more information on how we contact Igor, since he is no longer at the orphanage, but at a technical school a 45 minute bus ride away. Oles said that Monday will be a "crazy" day and Tuesday will be "crazy" also, but not so much. Then, it sounds like we may have a few slower days. Maybe a quite a few, depending on what forms, documents, etc. we do or do not have to track down.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My Prayers are with you and your new children. I hope they know how blessed they are to have you and all your other children in there life.
Love and prayers,
Pat Templeton

Ashley said...

I just received a link to your blog in an email from Michelle. I am so glad that you have arrived safely and will be seeing your children soon. I will be praying for your family. I am sure you were pretty disappointed when you found out it was the president and not you. I know that was difficult to hear. :)

Tami said...

I thought that may have been you. We passed in the stairwell of the SDA on Wednesday! :) I should have said, 'hello,' but I felt like I was on my way into the Lion's Den! :) Hope everything is going well.