CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Still Waiting...
Well the passport has been located. It is with Tami's in the wrong city. Apparently a group of them were sent there in error. They will probably arrive in Odessa tomorrow (Thursday). It would seem that since there are at least several in the wrong place, that they could just drive them to Odessa. But that is logical, so there is virtually no chance of that. Indications are that they will be sent back to Kiev to be sent out again. I guess that they want to see where the mail clerk will send them next.
.
The Embassy received the passport scans for Igor and Masha and the information for Yulia and already have them entered into the system. We had the ID photos taken this morning and Dima, from Oleg's adoption team will have the police reports for the Embassy later today. So, the visa processing has begun without us. Maybe we will just have them meet us at the airport with the visas on the way home. I don't think that it will be that fast, but they are doing everything possible to try to get us finished by Friday. I thought about trying to get ink and paper and fingerprinting the kids myself and sending an scan of them to the embassy, so that they can start that also. I think that I will scan and email Yulia's passport as soon as I get it, before we start the five hour trip to Kiev. They can start processing it sooner that way.
.
Well, I guess I better make a grocery run. We are only buying enough for the next one or two meals at a time. Everything is packed. We just dig out what we need, when we need it. Literally living out of a suitcase.
.
Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter. You never can tell what the next twist or turn will be.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I'm sorry Maddie's passport talked Yulia's into taking this little side trip! Hang in there...it's a comin'. I'm trying, as I type this, to give Sveta a call to see what the status is. I'll let you know, when I find out.

junglemama said...

Woo-hoo! Hope you come home soon!