CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Signs of Things to Come

As I begin to write this, we are sitting in the apartment waiting for the last passport - Gail and I and 8 teenagers. Since it is 3:00 pm, it doesn't look likely for today. We were told that it was sent from Kiev on Saturday, but to Odessa passport office doesn't have it yet. There is no such thing as having them hold it in Kiev and picking it up there. The kids are all disappointed, since they have said their good-byes (more than once), they are emotionally drained and ready to go. The kids just left for the photo booth in the mall to take some sets of photos to share. Our apartment seems to have become the place to hang-out. It seems like each time there are 1 or 2 more. We hope that this will continue when we get to Omaha. We enjoy having the kids around and we think that most parents would like to have their kids in a safe environment instead of cruising the streets. We invited them all to come back later to watch a movie and hang out some more. We will see what happens.

Gail was sitting on the arm of the living room chair, when Vladik, Yulia's boyfriend, came and sat in the chair to have their photo taken. Then he came to have one taken with me. These are all great kids and fun to have around. Here is a photo of 7 of the 8 kids with Michelle and Julia and Sergey. Vera hadn't arrived when this photo was taken.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Looks and sounds like a ton of fun. You're right...I would much rather have my teens (when that day arrives) hang out at home. At least that way I KNOW what they're up to! :) I'll be praying for both of us to get those passports tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Hi everyone.
Its wanderful pictures. You know, I know this boys like ten years and they were my good friends. I think that they are a good boys. I so exited about Yulia and Vladik, its will be hard say good bye, I know.
Say big hello to everybody, and I very miss all of them.
Good luck to you. We all very exited for you.
With love Hale Family.